AISB is committed to the safety and well-being of all in its community. We support the rights of the child and will act without hesitation to protect children in our care. We continue to develop an environment based on best international safeguarding practices. We believe that we need to all work together as a team to safeguard all of those in our care. AISB has developed policies and procedures, security guidelines, education, strict recruiting standards, and expectations that help to ensure a safe and secure environment for all.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to a counselor or administrator. You can contact our safeguarding leads directly:
You can report any safeguarding concerns here.
- 24-hour security
- Single point of secured access to the campus with security and id checks
- CCTV system
- Comprehensive protocols for emergency and non-emergency situations
- Announced and unannounced drills for internal and external threats
- Direct contact various authorities and embassies
- Background checks conducted on employees
- Comprehensive reference checks with safeguarding specific questions
- Safeguarding expectations in contracts and paperwork
- Follow international safeguarding recruiting practices
- All who work on the AISB campus are trained in safeguarding and reporting procedures
- All employees are first aid and cpr trained
- Students are educated on safeguarding themselves and reporting concerns
- Parent safeguarding education is provided
- More detailed training for various leaders through the Council of International Schools
Expectations for visitors
- Sign in at security, show id, and follow security procedures
- Treat everyone with respect, integrity, and courtesy, using appropriate language at all times.
- Stay in common areas designated for adult visitors (e.g., reception, adult bathrooms, and cafe) unless accompanied by an employee of AISB.
- Do not photograph children who are not your own.
- Report any concerns, suspicious behavior, and/or abuse issues to any school counselor, administrator, or the school’s director immediately within 24 hours.
- Maintain confidentiality with any concern reported and cooperate fully with relevant follow up