TUITION AND FEES
SCHOOL YEAR 2018/2019
For applications to the 2018/2019 academic year, a non-refundable application fee of $400 is payable with the application for processing. For more information regarding our 2018/2019 fees, please see below.
|Amounts are due in US$ (US Dollars)||Age||Full Year Fees
|Application Fee||Payable by New Students Only||400|
|Registration Fee||Payable by New Students Only||800|
|Building Fee||Payable for each child||3,000|
|Elementary School||Grade 1-5||6-10||19,800|
|Middle School||Grade 6-8||11-14||21,600|
|High School||Grade 9-10||15-16||22,900|
|High School (Grade 11-12)||International Baccalaureate / US High School Diploma||17-18||
|Door to Door Bus services||Optional||All ages||
IMPORTANT PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Fees are set and payable according to the schedule approved by the School Board each year. Fees are charged in US Dollars and the payment must be net of any bank fees.
- The Application Fee and the Registration Fee for new students only are one-time fees and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- The Application Fee must be paid in full at the same time as you send your application.
- When a student is accepted, the Registration Fee is due in 30 days. No student will be allowed to start attending school until the Registration Fee has been paid.
- A Deposit for seat reservation of $1500, deductible from the tuition fee has to be paid by March 1st in the case of returning students. The Deposit is non-refundable.
- The Building Fee is an annual fee for all students. Students attending for less than twenty (20) School Days will be charged fifty percent (50%) of the annual building fee.
- The Tuition fee invoice includes the Building Fee and the Tuition Fee. Payment of these fees is due in 30 days.
- In case of Tuition fee only, two or three instalment payments, as described in Appendix A (Plan "B" or Plan "C") may be granted. Students whose fees are not paid 30 days after the instalment deadline will not be allowed to attend school.
- Any unpaid balance after August 31, 2018 or thereafter, 30 days from the issue date will be subject to a processing and interest fee of 12% per annum, calculated on a daily basis.
- Students whose tuition and fees have not been paid by the due date will not be allowed to attend school, unless an instalment payment plan, as described above, has been agreed in writing.
Tuition fee refunds* will be pro-rated according to the following schedule for students not attending a full Academic Year. Details are as follows:
from 1 to 20 days 15% of the annual tuition is due
from 21 to 40 days 25% of the annual tuition is due
from 41 to 60 days 40% of the annual tuition is due
from 61 to 80 days 50% of the annual tuition is due
from 81 to 100 days 60% of the annual tuition is due
from 101 to 120 80% of the annual tuition is due
121 days and above 100% of the annual tuition is due
* Maintained in December, 2017 according to Board approval
Written notification MUST be received by the Admissions Office prior to the student’s last day of school. The date indicated in this written notification will be the base of tuition refund calculation.
- In case you intend to transfer funds from the United States of America, please contact AISB’s Finance Officer, Magdi Tarnóczi before making the payment. She will provide you with the School’s Citibank information in Washington, D.C.
- New Students starting mid-year: The invoice for the tuition and building fees is sent to you within one week of your child(ren)’s first day of school.
- If you do not receive the invoice within this time please contact AISB’s Finance Officer, Magdi Tarnóczi and notify her.
Fees can be transferred into our USD account at SBERBANK Magyarorszag Zrt.
Name of account holder: American International School of Budapest
Name of the bank: SBERBANK Magyarorszag Zrt.
Address of the bank: H-1088 Budapest, Rakoczi ut 7.
IBAN: HU84 1410 0000 3435 1701 0100 0005
Swift code: MAVOHUHB
Please state your child’s name and invoice number for reference.
Any extraneous charges (e.g., bank transfer charges) must also be covered by the applicant. For this purpose, please ensure that the section “Details of charges" is completed as "our” when making the transfer.
Contact person: Magdi Tarnóczi /Finance Officer
Meals & Transportation
For information on our optional lunch and bus services, please follow this link.
General Medical Requirements
A medical examination within the past year is required prior to admission.
All students must meet General Medical Requirements and Current Immunization Requirements listed in the Medical Admission Requirements prior to their first day of school.
A physical examination, in ENGLISH, and a Mantoux test for tuberculosis before admission and every three years afterwards; a past BCG vaccination against tuberculosis does not exempt this requirement.
Mandatory Immunization Requirements*
Multiage (MA3, MA4 for ages 3-4)
- HIB/Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae) -- a complete series of 4 doses
- OPV/IPV (oral poliovirus / inactivated poliovirus vaccine) -- a total of 5 doses of OPV or IPV or a mix from these two types
- DPT/dT (Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus / diphtheria and Tetanus) -- 4 doses of DPT or dT (first infant series and one booster)
- MMR** (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) -- one (1) dose of this combined vaccine OR one (1) dose of EACH individual vaccine given AFTER 12 months of age
Kindergarten (K) - Grade 12
- HIB/Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae) -- a complete series of 4 doses OR one (1) dose if the student is under 5 years of age
- OPV/IPV (oral poliovirus / inactivated poliovirus vaccine) -- a total of 5 doses of OPV or IPV or a mix from these two types; a sixth (# 6) dose is due at 6 years of age
- DPT/dT (Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus / diphtheria and Tetanus) -- 5 doses of DPT by 6 years of age; #6 booster dose at dT is due at 11 years of age
- MMR** (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) -- Grades K-5 need one (1) dose of combined vaccine OR one (1) dose of EACH individual vaccine given AFTER 12 months of age; Grades 6-12 need a second dose of the combined vaccine (given at age 11)
- HEP B (Hepatitis B vaccine or HBV) -- a complete series of three (3) doses are required at/or around 14 years of age
* If a student has never been immunized or is behind on immunizations, the Hungarian Health Authority physician will identify an appropriate schedule which will best safeguard the health of everyone.
** Proof of Immunity from Measles, Mumps and/or Rubella is a doctor's letter verifying that the student was diagnosed with the disease OR a blood test showing that the student has adequate levels of antibodies against that disease.
For those students who for medical reasons do not meet all these requirements, a written / signed doctor's statement, in ENGLISH, and which identifies the medical concern must be forwarded to the school. It will then be reviewed by the Hungarian Health Authority physician to ensure the health and safety of all school attendants.
ALL students are required to have their medical records complete, in ENGLISH, BEFORE admission to the school. Those student(s) with records that are not complete will be notified and may be suspended if there is no timely progress in completing them.